Saturday, December 11, 2010

An Important New Series

Avatar the Last Airbender is an animated TV show set in a world where people can "bend" the four elements of water, earth, fire, and air. If you're a fan, you might be glad to hear that the creators of Avatar are creating a new series set in the same world! A new Avatar series!

In an interview with the creators, they call the spin-off series Legend of Korra. It will be more serious than the original series, and I'm glad. I liked the original series best when it was serious. I'm not sure I like something else about the new series, though -- It's set 70 years after the finale of the original series. All the original characters are dead. The main character is the new Avatar, a Water Tribe girl named Korra.

This means we won't be reunited with our favorite characters, but more than that, we may never learn the answers to questions left open-ended by the original series. The whereabouts of Zuko's mother, for one. The only one I can think of actually...

But we need to know that! I always expected the original series to continue in some way, if only to answer that question. The show quite purposely left us with it in mind. Was it only to frustrate us? I hope not. There's a chance the new series will answer the leftover questions. With luck...

Continuing the popular Avatar the Last Airbender series, Legend of Korra comes out in 2011, supposedly.

Here's a piece of concept art from the series.



TTFN!

4 comments:

  1. The picture is Awesome and has me intrigued, now where would one find the previous series to watch and see what the Avatar "hype" is all about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coco thought it was awesome too!

    Nickelodeon originally showed Avatar, but they might not show it very often anymore. All three seasons are out on DVD though. I'd get it from the rental store or Netflix. They also have at least some episodes on Youtube, I think, if you want to save money that way. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love youtube, I will check them out there I think :)

    We have a mutal blogger friend that needs another follower here's the link-

    http://journeyphoenix.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could only find this version of the first episode on Youtube.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiMIwiqgF3w&feature=related

    It's sadly sped up to avoid copyright infringment or something. It's okay, but the pacing is off and it's a bit hard to understand.

    ReplyDelete