Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tangled and Other Movie-related Materials

We saw Tangled on Thanksgiving, and it was great! I was a bit conflicted about the death of Mother Gothel, though. I knew I would be from the moment three years ago that I learned Disney was making this movie. Mother Gothel acted as a mom to Rapunzel all her life. You'd think the movie couldn't really have a happy ending if the mom died, as she does in the original story. But still, Tangled's story is fun, the characters believable, the colors gorgeous, Rapunzel gorgeous, Flynn gorgeous, the computer animation tolerable, the 3D effects lovely, and the songs nice, if not fantastic. It's absolutely worth seeing.

In this song, I like Flynn's part best. I love how he wants to be ALONE. ;) (Sorry the song quality isn't great and it comes with a video that might spoil a scene if you haven't seen it yet. If you haven't, close your eyes. I couldn't find another video with an embed code.)




Here's a picture of a character from a show called Avatar the Last Airbender.

Heeheeheeheeheeheehee! It's really funny because Zuko (the character pictured) is finally telling his psycho dad off, and he's making important, dramatic statements, but for the first two seasons, his dad's face was hidden in shadow. When we finally saw his face, he didn't look evil or remarkable at all. It really was a let down. But this makes it funny.

Here's a trailer for an adaption of Little Red Riding Hood. I love fairytale adaptions, something about how people find so many creative ways of retelling a single story, something about the magic, something about the singing crabs...although that's mostly The Little Mermaid. I normally hate moody, brooding romance stories, though, because they're usually more cheesy and cliche than touching, and I'm not sure I'll like this Riding Hood adaption. Not sure at all. But I love the song in this trailer.





Well, TTFN.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you started your blog, too fun :)
    We LOVED Tangled it was so cute, that part in the movie is one of my favorites :)
    I am waiting for Red Riding Hood to come out I think it looks good/interesting/hopefully not gross or gory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. =)

    Tangled was great. When you see Red Riding Hood, you can tell me if it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You aren't going to see it? I will probably wait until it's on dvd, I don't get out much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I thought I'd wait until it came out on DVD too. I don't get out much either, but I like going to the movies, but it's so expensive these days and I don't like to take too much of a chance on movies I might not like.

    ReplyDelete