Friday, January 7, 2011

Sneezy's Music!

Welcome to Sneezy's Music, the part of the blog where Sneezy comes out and posts songs that she likes but didn't create.

Club Called Heaven by Black Cards
I like this song because it sounds like an old record AND a pop song with a good beat. It's different from most songs one hears today.





Try by Natasha Bedingfield
Natasha Bedingfield released a new album recently, and I love Natasha, so it pains me to say this, but the album wasn't very good compared to her last ones. All the new songs sound the same, somewhat boring. I admit Strip Me has grown on me since I first heard it, but that was months ago, so the others might grow on me too, but it will take a while. However, in spite of the slow music, I kind of like the following song. It's just kind of nice. I dunno.





Islands by The XX
I first liked the song just because of the video. It's interesting and different. Someone said it shows how "No man is an island." I think I agree with that pretty much. The song is called Islands, and the dancers do seem lost without their partners. The song grew on me too. Nice lyrics.






Rosie by Daisy Dares You
I first liked the song becauses...it's a fun song. The video's not great, but it's okay.







-----------------------------------------------

Thor
I had to add this movie trailer too. It's for Thor (says the Queen of the Obvious). It looks good. At the start of the trailer, it looks like another boring superhero movie about some invincible guy with mysterious origins, but as it progresses, it shows Thor being reprimanded for being a "vain, greedy, cruel boy." This means Thor is far from perfect, which is unusual for superheroes. It seems to be setting up character development, which is rare in entertainment. It's also rare to deride vain, greedy, cruel people. Often, they applaude characters for being vain and cruel (Shawn Spencer of Psych comes to mind, sorry little brother) and greedy (Entrapment comes to mind, although I don't remember much of it). Thor might be applauded for those traits too, in spite of the trailer suggesting that he won't. In which case, it will stink. I will not lose hope, however, that the marketing reflects the movie and character development will occur.

Also, I like Thor's line about how our ancestors called science magic. That's just what I've always thought!







Well, TTFN!

2 comments:

  1. Thor looks awesome! Definetly a "see in theaters movie". I like your Music selections too! very cool ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. =) We should go see Thor together.

    ReplyDelete