Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lenka

You might remember Lenka from an email I sent a while back concerning this song.

Trouble is a Friend




Back then, I didn't especially like any song on that album except Trouble is a Friend, and I liked that mostly for the imaginative lyrics and video and less for the music. Either my tastes have changed or I wasn't in the mood for her kind of music that day, because I've relistened to the album, and I love it now. Why did I relisten to it? Why, I might counter, did I use the non-word "relisten?" But that has nothing to do with this. I relistened because she recently released her second album, and I really liked that one. I suggest you check out both.

Here are a couple samples from her new album, Two.

Everything at Once



Roll with the Punches



And from her first album, Lenka.

Like a Song (this one's especially beautiful melody-wise)



Like a Song Instrumental Cover (this is just a plain piano version of the song; you can skip it if you like, but it's nice.)





There's lots more. Every song is at least okay, and most are inspired. Also, I love how Lenka looks like a Who. Like, from Whoville, you know?

2 comments: